Well in keeping with Alex\’s resolution to release more this year, a new version 0.2.94 has been released. To make things more clear as to the process that is taken to produce a new release for the appliance I thought I would set out a typical process.
- New version of Bongo is released
- A frenzy of packaging takes place
- Sorting out any requirements that the new release bring with it
- Building and commiting the release to the rbuilder repository
- Building a test iso or vm to see if everything still works
- the main group is then built and promoted to the release repository
- The different appliance builds are started
- once all the builds are complete a release is created and published
So as you can see it is quite involved but it is rewarding to see tat just after you release people start downloading the files.
I hope this makes sense